Deepika’s role in Aarakshan


 deepika padukone02
‘Rajneeti’ fame filmmaker Prakash Jha’s upcoming movie ‘Aarakshan’ stars Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone in lead roles.
Amitabh plays the role of a principled headmaster of a renowned educational institution and Saif portrays the character of a dalit teacher, whereas Deepika plays Amitabh’s daughter and Saif’s love interest.
When asked if her character in ‘Aarakshan’ was sidelined because of the male leads, Deepika stated that her character is not less important in the film.
“I've gone completely with my gut instinct. My character is an important voice in the movie. Besides, she's also torn between her father and her boyfriend. The film also explores how reservation can cause differences and strain on personal relations between people. However, if people still think I'm just a glam factor, it's okay. I love it,” Padukone told Mid-Day.

 
© 2013 Cinemastan |